Welcome to this week’s edition of Tuesday Tips!
This week, let’s take a quick look at how to prioritize and organize for an office moving project. Office moving in New York City can often seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be this way! You’ll find that your office moving project can go a lot simpler than you realize by prioritizing what needs to be done and staying on top of things in an organized, orderly way. Here are just a few tips on how to prioritize for your office relocation!
• Create a moving checklist. This is a big one! No one wants an office moving project to be disorganized and seemingly thrown together at the last minute. A key for prioritizing is to create a commercial moving checklist as soon as your relocation planning starts. Key items to include on a moving checklist include scouting new office locations, hiring office movers, creating a moving schedule, designing a new floorplan and obtaining any Certificates of Insurance for the relocation.
• Check off high priority tasks first. Prioritize your office relocation planning by finishing high priority tasks early on. These include locking down a new office location, hiring professional office movers and designing a new floorplan for your upcoming office.
• Let employees know what needs to be prioritized on their end. Communication is key when it comes to commercial moving. Send out email alerts to employees to let them clearly know what needs to be prioritized on their end, such as when any office purging or packing should be completed by.
• Start planning early. When it comes to planning for an office move, the earlier you begin, the better! Try to start planning at least six months before your targeted move date. This will give you more time to prioritize what needs to be done on time and stay organized for the move itself.
• Talk to your department heads about their needs. Before moving, hold several meetings with your company’s department heads to gauge how the office move preparation is going on their ends. Ask them to prioritize key items and to coordinate with each other so that the relocation goes as smoothly as possible.
• Stay in close touch with your office movers. When in doubt about what you should prioritize for your office relocation, don’t hesitate to reach out to your professional office movers! They offer a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to commercial moving in New York City, so use it to your advantage!