Office moving can be difficult, especially in New York City. As the New York metropolitan area’s premier office movers and storage company since 1974, Eagle Transfer offers a wealth of experience with every aspect of commercial moving. Corporate relocation really is a team sport that requires coordination, communication and preparation from clients and office movers alike. To help ensure a seamless and hassle-free office relocation, be sure to follow these helpful tips. Doing so can help your move go efficiently and ultimately without a hitch.
Before The Move
- Always reserve any loading docks and elevators needed to allow your office movers to transfer your office content efficiently and seamlessly.
- Always contact your insurance company to discuss coverage during your relocation.
- Inform your clients, customers and the general public of your move via email newsletters, social media and the like.
- Update your physical and digital addresses shortly before your move.
- Create a proper checklist and conduct an office inventory.
- Make arrangements for office storage services if needed.
- Purge any unneeded documents and papers before your move.
- Designate a point of contact that employees should direct any moving-related questions to and send out weekly progress emails to employees.
- Make notes and take pictures of any damaged office content before the move begins.
- Create an intuitive floorplan several weeks in advance of your move.
During the Move
- Conduct a prep meeting with your mover immediately before the relocation process starts.
- Ensure that all employees have tagged their content properly and have left on-time.
- Stay in touch with employees in the final days before your move to ensure that packing is going well and any questions are quickly addressed.
After the Move
- Take a post-move inventory to make note of any items that have been damaged.
- Create a checklist of issues that still need to be addressed.