Welcome to this week’s edition of Tuesday Tips!
This week, let’s take a quick look at how to help your office movers. It’s no secret that commercial moving in New York City can be very complex and difficult. However, by following a few simple tips, you’ll find that you can help out your office movers tremendously, making your move go a lot more efficiently and smoother. To that end, here are just a few simple ways you can help out your office movers when moving your business!
- Book all loading docks and elevators in advance. Always be sure to secure the freight elevators and loading docks in both your current building and your new building in advance. Make a point to also talk to your building managers to hammer out any specific details that may impact the logistics of your move, such as overnight or weekend parking restrictions by your new building.
- Keep your employees informed of what they have to do. Tell your employees very specifically what they need to do before the move gets underway. Be sure they know what to pack up and when to vacate their workstations.
- Plan in advance! An office move that’s planned hastily with little advanced planning is almost guaranteed to be more difficult for both you and your commercial movers. To make both your lives much easier, begin planning at least six months in advance at a bare minimum. Larger companies seeking to move thousands of employees into millions of new square feet of office space should begin planning around two years in advance at least.
- Order new equipment, furniture and other content for your office in advance of your move. Be sure that anything you need for your new office is ordered well ahead of time, specifically about two to three months before your move. If your professional commercial movers are going to be bringing it into your new office for you, always be sure to work the logistics out well ahead of time.
- Hire your office movers early! Nothing will screw up an office move like waiting until the last minute. Professional commercial movers should be hired at least three months in advance of your moving date to ensure a seamless and efficient move.
- Ask questions! Your movers can help make your office relocation much easier. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to ask them right away!