Winter weather had the biggest comeback of 2018 this week, but snow is melting away and this weekend we will turn back the clocks. You can find a few fun activities below to celebrate the extra hour of sunshine!
- Nerd Nite: If trivia and presentations on galactic travel, video game preservation and parks sounds like fun to you check out Nerd Nite in Brooklyn! Arrive at 7pm for a chance to play trivia and win tickets to presentations, or arrive at 8:05pm if trivia inst your cup of tea, but a space presentation is!
- The Best of Hollywood: Blockbuster Film Scores: Head to Carnegie Hall to see the New York Pops perform you favorite songs from iconic blockbuster hits. The Pops are known for their performances of film tunes so you will be in for a treat!
- NYC Winter Wine Festival: Hundreds of wines and light jazz can be found all night at PlayStation Theater in Times Square Saturday night. Attendees will taste world-class wine, delicious hors d’oeuvres and artisan treats, and will have the opportunity to swirl, sniff and sip award-winning vintages from New York state’s top distributors
- Art on Paper 2018: Head to Pier 36 to see the eight galleries featuring the top modern paper based art. John Frizell from the Fort Defiance will be bar tending throughout the event and food will be catered from Fedoroff’s Roast Pork.
- Mezcal Night at Salvation Taco: From 5-8pm head to Salvation Taco for a night focused on the best mezcals available today from all over Mexico and the people who help make them available.
- Fare Plate: Head to Houston Hall to eat like the Irish and get a head start celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day! Twenty Vendors will gather in the massive beer hall serving classic Irish food and drink!
All-Weekend Events (3/9-3/11)
- 24 Hour Soccer Game: Beginning Friday at 4pm, NYCFC will host a 24-hour soccer game at Rockefeller Center, giving 500+ New Yorkers the opportunity to play on the Plaza and the chance to be coached by NYCFC players and Head Coach Patrick Vieira in the middle of Manhattan.
- Independent New York: Head to Spring Studios to view an array of artwork from 57 different international galleries and institutes. While you browse make sure to check out the unique presentation methods!