It’s no secret that office moving in New York City can be a very stressful time! There are office movers to hire, new office locations to find, insurance documentation to get and, much more to do before the office relocation even begins. How do companies stay sane during this period of time? The good news is that by following some simple tips, your office moving project can go much easier than you ever expected! Here are just a few office moving tips to keep in mind for a less stressful and more organized move!
• Start planning early! Office moving is definitely not something that should be left until the last minute! The more time you give yourself before moving, the less stressful the experience is overall. As a general rule of thumb, begin planning at least six months in advance of your anticipated move day. Larger businesses should begin planning around two years before their anticipated move itself.
• Hold an office purge before moving. Office purging is a great way to dispose of unneeded office materials, save money and free up office. Plus, it’s a good way to reduce moving stress, too! Office purges can help to make your move lighter and more economical overall, making your move less stressful and allowing you to concentrate on running your business.
• Create proper moving timelines and checklists. Every company should make a point to create a moving timeline months in advance as well as detailed moving checklists. Doing both will help you stay organized, better prioritize and keep track of what needs to be done before the big move!
• Update your physical and digital addresses in advance. Before your office relocation actually begins, always update your physical and digital addresses around two weeks before moving. Contact the post office to change your mailing address and remember to update your company website, blog and social media profiles to reflect your new address and contact information.
• Update your customers, clients and vendors. Update your vendors shortly before your move to redirect any frequent shipments to your new address. It’s also a good idea to let your clients and customers know about your move several weeks before it occurs too. This can be accomplished with TV and radio advertising, social media, flyers, email newsletters, signage in your current location and other means.
• Use office storage if necessary. Finally, utilizing office storage is a great way to cut down on commercial moving stress. Office storage can be used for both the short and long-term and offers a secure location to store your supplies and valuables before, during and after your office move!